Post 6 of 10
- SLOBS Countdown Timer – Best Ways to Add Timer in 2021
- How to Update Streamlabs OBS in 2021 – Most Important Steps
- Streamlabs OBS Dropping Frames – Top 6 Great Solutions
- How to Add Music to Streamlabs OBS – 2 Best Ways (2021)
- Best Streamlabs OBS Settings – Top Tips & Tricks in 2021
- Streamlabs OBS Chat Not Working – Top 3 Best Fixes in 2021
- Streamlabs Review – Great Complete Guide (Updated for 2021)
- How to Stream with Streamlabs – Great Tips and Tricks in 2021
- How to Record with Streamlabs OBS in 2021 – Best Tips & Tricks
- Streamlabs OBS Game Capture Black Screen – Top 8 Best Fixes
Since the implementation of the Streamlabs chatbox, many streamers have experienced Streamlabs OBS chat not working and aren’t able to turn it back on.
Luckily for you, I have the solution for Streamlabs chat not working, so if you want to fix this problem, continue reading the article.
Post 6 of 10 in the Streamlabs
How to Add Chat to Streamlabs
Before I start discussing possible causes and solutions to the Streamlabs chatbox not working, I want to share a step-by-step guide for adding this chatbox.
The feature is maybe not working because it wasn’t added properly.
Here are the steps:
1. Launch Streamlabs and login to Twitch
The first step is to log in to the streaming software (in this case it will be SLOBS) and then log in to Twitch via Streamlabs.
Streamers that have just switched from another streaming software to SLOBS, will have to enable streaming from this software to Twitch.
This can be done in the Twitch settings, so just go to Twitch to make sure it is authorized.
2. Add the widget
Chatbox belongs to widgets, so upon launching the program, go to the Widgets tab.
You can even add the chatbox by tapping the Plus icon in the Sources tab, choosing Widgets, and then Chatbox.
3. Customizing chatbox
When you select this feature in Widgets, another window appears – now you can customize the chatbox.
Streamlabs has a variety of themes, so you do not have to spend too much time designing the chat and tweaking settings.
However, if you do want to play with the settings, here are some of the things you can change:
- Emotes – this is a default setting, and you can add more if you wish;
- Background color and text color – You should focus more on the text color than the color of the background since it is better to keep it transparent. Many use black as a background color. For text, it would be best to stick to white, but of course, if you have a specific theme, then choose a color that complements that theme.
- Font size – 25px is the best option, but you can use larger or smaller font.
- Hide Message After – if you have a lot of viewers and chat activity is high, it is better to delete messages after some time.
- Hide Chatters – if you decided to incorporate a chat box in your streams, you’ve probably added the chatbot as well. You can use this feature to hide the chatbot and commands that can possible interfere with its activity.
- Muter Chatters – this feature is useful for hiding the names of some viewers. Keep in mind that you will still see their messages
4. Name the source
Of course, every source in Streamlabs has to have a name, so name it, click on Save and the chatbox should appear on the screen.
How to Fix Streamlabs OBS Chat Not Working
As said, Streamlabs chatbox not working Twitch issue is a quite common problem, and here are solutions:
1. Refresh Streamlabs
The first thing you should do is refresh the chatbox.
Keep in mind that this is a new feature and Streamlabs has not incorporated chatbots only chatbox and Twitch chat so often streamers are struggling with Streamlabs not connecting to chat.
There is a refresh button right above the chat, and you can also log out and log in after refreshing to see whether it is back.
2. Update Streamlabs
If you aren’t using the latest version of the program, some features won’t work.
So, before you start the next stream, check whether there are some new updates and if they are, complete them, and then add the chat.
3. Revise Streamlabs Settings
You should also check the settings.
Launch the Streamlabs on your computer and open the Settings tab.
Go to Advanced settings and scroll until your see settings for sources.
The box that says “Enable browser source” is probably checked. This is a default option, so just uncheck that box, and save the changes.
Then log out and log in.
Streamlabs OBS chat box not working is a problem many streamers have had.
I hope that one of the solutions above helped you with resolving this issue.