Live wallpapers are one of the great little things that smartphones have brought with them.
And one of the things that can be made into live wallpapers is TikTok videos.
If you found a TikTok video that you want to see all of the time, or maybe you want to use one of your live videos, and you don’t mind having your battery drain a bit faster, there are ways to make it into a live wallpaper.
Today, I will talk about how to make live wallpaper TikTok on Android and iOS devices. Let’s dive in!
How to Make it on Android
So, you’ve got an Android phone and you want to make a TikTok from your account a live wallpaper on your device.
Here are the detailed steps for how to set a TikTok video as your wallpaper:
- Firstly, you have to launch the TikTok app on your Android device.
- Find the video you want to have as your live wallpaper. Make sure that the account that posted it is public, and download the video to your phone.
- Now, press the three dots in the bottom right corner, and click on the Live Photo option.
- Get out of the TikTok app, and go to the Play Store. In order to continue with this process, you’ll have to download and install the TikTok Wall Picture app, which is an additional app that’s needed to make a live wallpaper from TikTok.
- When you look for the app, make sure that it’s the official one made by TikTok Inc, and then install it on your Android device.
- Once you install it, go back to the TikTok you wanted to use, and again, press on the three dots and choose the Live Photo option. This will lead you to the Wallpaper app you just downloaded.
- Once you’re in the app, you will be asked to choose whether you want to have the TikTok video as wallpaper, as a lock screen, or as a lock screen-wallpaper combo. Choose what you wish.
That’s it! Now you have your home screen animated wallpaper all set!
How to Make it on iOS
One thing that’s specific to iPhone is that it will consider the live photo to be an image, not a video. And actually, that makes the whole process even easier for you!
So, to have a live wallpaper as a lock screen or home screen on your iPhone, you will need to go by the following steps:
- Open TikTok on your phone and find the TikTok video that you want to make a live wallpaper.
- Tap the share button (the curved arrow button), and when you’re presented with the different options, go and tap the Live photo button.
- To have your home screen wallpaper be the Live photo you just downloaded, you will basically need to do what you always do when you want to put on a new wallpaper, because, on iPhone, the video will be converted to an image (but don’t worry -you’ll still have your dynamic wallpaper).
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone, and then go to the Wallpaper section of the settings, and tap on Choose a new wallpaper.
- When you tap on the Choose a new wallpaper option, you will be transferred from Settings to the Photos app. When you find yourself in the photo gallery, you will just need to find the TikTok video you want to make a live wallpaper. Once you see it among all of the photos, just tap on it, and select Set.
- After that, you will just have to choose whether you want to have the TikTok video as a lock screen, wallpaper, or both.
That’s it! Now you will have your TikTok be always on your iPhone.