Finding Twitch stream key is quite easy. Here are the 4 simple steps you need to follow in order to get your stream key.
Step 1: Twitch Profile
Go to the Twitch website, and log in to your Twitch account.
Step 2: To the Creator’s Dashboard
Once logged in, click your profile avatar in the top right corner and go to Creator’s Dashboard.
Step 3: Go to Channel Preferences
On the left side, click Preferences, and choose Channel.
Step 4: Revealing Stream Key
Click “Stream Key and Preferences” and your key will be shown below.
As a massive giant that keeps getting bigger and bigger, Twitch is excellently optimized and enables its content creators to enjoy many benefits in return for quality work and viewers one of the best streaming experiences on the entire internet.
Still, before you can get started on your lucrative hobby or career, you need to have your Twitch stream key on hand.
It is actually a particular piece of code that you import into the software dedicated to spreading your valuable content to your loyal viewer base. The Twitch platform’s stream key gives direction to the software where to stream your channel on Twitch.
So, where do you find your twitch stream key? Navigate to your profile in the top right corner, go to “creator dashboard”, and under the “preferences” tab, click on “channel”. You will see “Stream Key and Preferences” where you can easily copy the whole key and paste it afterwards.
Table of Contents
How to Find Your Twitch stream key
We will do this on a step-by-step basis, so you can easily follow up on what you have to do;
1. Start up your internet browser on your computer, go to the official Twitch website and log in.
2. When you get there, click on the profile icon, located at the top right corner, and head on over to the “Creator Dashboard.”
3. Access the preferences tab and select the option labeled as “Channel,” it will look like this;
4. Now, you gotta select the “Stream Key and Preferences” button. After this is done, viola! You will have access to your stream key that you can copy and paste wherever you like!
Alternatively, you can also access it by clicking on the profile icon and going to “Settings.”
Going to “Channel and Videos”
You will get to see the asterisked line that contains your stream key that holds your unique primary key.
It was not as hard as you think, right? As now you know where to find your stream key, do you know how to put the key to use? It is a piece of cake, and here is how!
How to Use Your Key- What to Do After You Find Your Twitch Stream Key Location
Broadcasting your games is not as simple as it might seem to some users, as not only is specialized equipment necessary, but you also need to set up specialized software for broadcasting and implement it into your desired Twitch account.
After you find your Twitch stream key, you will need to do the following;
1. Create your account
This is a no-brainer as having a Twitch account is mandatory for having a stream key in the first place.
2. Download specialized broadcast software
Twitch relies on Open Broadcast Software to run its massive streaming engine.
3. Properly set-up the software
Luckily, an installation wizard is provided if you need any assistance on how to do it.
4. Navigate the Source panel until you stumble upon the Game Capture mode
The right name for your streaming is often half the job for prospective streamers, so make sure you pick out a catchy name that the audience will love from the Game Capture menu by selecting “Create new” option when you find the tab and going into “Capture specific window.”
From there, you can just pick a currently running game and start your session.
5. Make sure you pick “Game audio” from the available audio channels
From all the options you can choose from the rich selection OBS offers, you only need game audio for video game streaming. Make sure to mute all the other audio on your pc, and you are ready to go.
From here on out, you can set the configurations for your account however you like, as you will be able to stream any game from the playing tab. All that’s left Is to start up OBS Studio:
- Run it as an administrator
- Choose “Broadcast Settings”
- From the Streaming Services tab that pops up after you click on “Stream,” make sure to pick Twitch
- Copy and paste your unique stream key into OBS when prompted to do so in the “Play Path” or “Stream key.”
- Save those settings
From here on out, you can adjust the settings to your liking, following the instructions laid out above and merely picking out options that suit your current needs.
Additional Information Regarding Stream Keys
When getting over the question of how to find Twitch stream key, it is of preeminent importance to keep yourself informed around potentially confusing situations and additional functions that these features can offer;
1. What happens if someone knows my stream key?
Keeping your stream key safe from prying eyes is paramount for every streamer, regardless of fame or amount of lucrative benefits they get from their activities.
If you feel your account could be jeopardized, you can reset your key by following the steps above to access the key’s location. From there, you can reset it;
The security of streamer keys favors this option as you can put an end to any security hazard regarding the key’s exposure to unwanted third-parties before it gets out of hand.
If you are using streaming software, you just have to update them manually, and you are ready for action once more!
Additionally, 2-factor authentication can provide another security layer that makes it harder for hackers to hijack your account.
2. Can I give my Twitch stream key to someone else so that they can stream on my channel?
If you trust someone sufficiently, of course! It is easy to set up;
1.Log in to your account
2. Same as before, go to your avatar and select “Creator Dashboard.”
3. Go to “Preferences” that are located on the left to display the “Channel” option
4. There is an option that regulates who can stream to your channel directly called “People who can stream to your channel,” and it looks like this;
5. Enter the email address of the person you wish to give the option to stream to your channel. They receive a unique key that they can use for this purpose by email.
Suppose, for whatever reason, you want to revoke this privilege. In that case, you can remove them from your dashboard, rendering the key they received null.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?