Logging out of a social media account can be a little tricky, especially now that companies are making it harder than it has to be.
How to log out of Instagram on any device
1. Open the Instagram app and go to your profile,
2. Go to Settings and open the Security tab,
3. Go to Login Activity and select the device you want to log out from.
In this article, I will guide you through the process of logging out of your Instagram account from all platforms and help you make your private data safer.
You will learn how to log out of the iPhone and Android Instagram app and log out of the PC Instagram version.
Post 10 of 10 in the Instagram Basics
How to Log Out of Instagram on All Devices?
If you have not been paying attention to being logged in in the past, you might have left your account logged in where you would not like to have it logged in.
You could have logged in on a stranger’s phone, a public library, etc. As you can imagine, this can cause a wide variety of issues.
To make sure this is not the case, we will use a log-out option which allows us to log out from multiple devices at the same time.
- To begin, tap on the Instagram app on your phone.
- Tap on the Profile icon that is located in the bottom right corner.
- In the top right corner, tap the three lines.
- Enter the Settings menu by selecting the gear icon and then enter the Security tab.
- Now you can access the Login Activity.
Login activity will contain login info about all the devices that have your Instagram account logged in. Tapping three dots on the right side of the listed devices will allow you to log out of each device individually.
How to Log Out of Instagram on Android and iPhone?
After having learned how to log out of every device, this will be very easy. I will show you the most convenient way to log out of a single mobile device.
This will work on both platforms the same.
- To begin, we will open the Instagram app and profile picture in the bottom right corner,
- Your profile page will load, enabling you to tap the three lines in the top right corner,
- Select Settings,
- Now you will be able to scroll to the bottom of the page and press log out.
How to Log Out of Instagram on a PC?
Logging out of an Instagram account on a computer is straightforward and should be the same regardless of your browser.
To log out of Instagram, you simply need to press the icon in the top right corner. A pop-up menu will display, allowing you to select the log-out option.
Changing Instagram password
If you have not paid much attention to the logging-out process in the past, chances are your Instagram password might be compromised.
To ensure the security of your account, I would advise changing your current password.
If you are using mobile devices, you need to go to the security tab we opened earlier.
On the security page, tap the password section. It will ask you to enter your current password and a new one; after you are done, tap save (if using an iOS device) or the checkmark (if using an Android device).
Changing Instagram password on PC
To change your Instagram password on your PC, click on the profile icon in the top right corner and select profile from the menu.
This will open your profile page and enable you to click the “Edit profile” option.
In the “Edit profile” set of options, you can select “Change Password.” You will be asked to enter the old password and the new one. Clicking the blue background “Change Password” button will confirm the change.
In this article, I have covered how to log out of Instagram on Android and iPhone and how to log out of browser versions. I have also covered some security aspects, such as changing your password and logging out of all devices at once.
Hopefully, it has made navigating this platform easier and helped you mitigate some risks that come with using it.
Does logging out of Instagram delete your account?
No. The act of logging out of your Instagram account does not delete it. The account will remain active, but you or anyone else will not be able to access it without entering login credentials again.
How to log out of Instagram account that is remembered?
To log out of an Instagram account that is remembered, you must navigate to the security tab and enter the “saved login information.” Here you will have a button allowing you to toggle off account saving. After that, you can simply log out as you would usually.
Why can’t I log out of Instagram?
If you can not log out of Instagram, it is pretty likely that the platform is having server issues. If the problem is local, you can most likely fix it by reinstalling or updating the app. Clearing the cache can also help.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Post 10 of 10
- How to Post a GIF on Instagram – Cheatsheet for Feed & Stories
- How to Use Instagram: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide (2022)
- How to Tag Someone on Instagram: 4 Easy & Quick Ways
- How to Find Contacts on Instagram in 4 Simple and Fast Steps
- How Long Can Instagram Reels Be – Best Length to Get Views
- How to Unfollow on Instagram in 2022– 3 Quick and Easy Ways
- How to Repost on Instagram – 9 Easy Steps [Updated Guide]
- How to Post on Instagram in 2022 – 3 Best Ways
- How to Make a Reel on Instagram – 3 Simple Ways [Full Guide]
- How to Log Out of Instagram in 2022 – Step-by-Step Guide